Friday, February 15, 2013

Canvas Prep...

While I wait for my large order of floss to arrive I need to keep myself busy.  So, Might as well prepare my canvas piece.  To do that, I simply weaved some floss in and out of counts of ten to get my size.


See?  Simple enough.  So now I can cut my fabric!  I got a little nervous as I was counting... the size kept getting more and more out of control.  But, finally, I had the length and width counted out and cut the fabric.


So, here it is.  My canvas piece!  That is a Kleenex box by its side for size comparison.  It's big... really big...   
This is going to be a massive project.  I just keep telling myself it will be worth it.  

I am going to iron it a little to get rid of the major crinkles.  Then I have to stitch the edges of course.  
So,  I am off to the sewing machine!  I will check back when my floss gets here.  

No comments:

Post a Comment